Privacy & Cookies Policy
Your privacy is important to us
Loseley Park (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who are we?
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Loseley Park, The Estate Office, Guildford, Surrey GU3 1HS
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Identity Data – such as first and last name, images
- Contact data – such as address, phone number(s), email address. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Survey Data – we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Website usage data – such as details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- CCTV – we use CCTV cameras around the Estate
- Financial data – such as bank account details or payment card details
- Sensitive Personal Data – such as dietary preferences if we are organising catering for your event or if you use services at/of our Shop & Café or Events.
- Technical data – please see IP address and cookies Policy
- Friends Membership data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We use CCTV around Loseley Park and have a policy in place for monitoring, storing and timely deletion of images captured.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Loseley Park or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have a policy in place to deal with any personal data breaches and will notify you, as well as the relevant regulatory body, if any data breaches occur in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data;
- to be informed,
- to access,
- to rectification,
- to erasure,
- to restriction,
- to data portability and
- to automated decision making including profiling.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) for what purposes(s) we intend to use your data or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party. You may also exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can exercise any of the above rights, at any time, by contacting us at Loseley Park, The Estate Office, Guildford, Surrey GU3 1HS
Access to Information
As stated above, the Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Retention of your Data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to complete the purpose(s) for which we collected it, or we are obliged to do so for legal, financial or reporting requirements.
Loseley Park take all complaints very seriously, should you wish to raise a complaint about this policy please do so by contacting Loseley Park, The Estate Office, Guildford, Surrey GU3 1HS
IP Addresses and Cookies Policy
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and internal marketing. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our Cookies enable us to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
- Pay sales commissions.
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your Internet browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies – Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work.
- Determining if you are logged in or not.
- Allowing you to add comments to our site.
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by: Facebook, Twitter
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics” programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
We use: Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website (and a large proportion of the world’s other websites) as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.