Accessibility – The Garden, Grounds, Gift Shop, Tea Room, Chapel and Toilets are all fully accessible to wheelchair users. Please note that the Garden pathways are laid to shallow gravel. The ground floor only of the House is accessible to wheelchair users. Please note: NO HEAVY FRAMED MOTORISED WHEELCHAIRS ARE ALLOWED IN LOSELEY HOUSE.
Opening Times & Prices
LOSELEY HOUSE and WALLED GARDENS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Opening Times 2019
The Estate is closed to the public on Fridays and Saturdays. Loseley House and Walled garden are open Sunday to Thursday during the open season (including Bank Hols). No pre-booking necessary except for Groups of 10+. Details below :
|Loseley House ~ 1st MAY to 31st JULY 2019
Monday – Thursday: 12pm – 4pm (last tour 1 hour before close)
Sundays: 1pm – 5pm (last tour 1 hour before close)
No pre-booking necessary
|Grounds, Walled Garden, Shop & Mulberry Tea Lawn ~ 1st MAY – 31st JULY 2019
Sunday – Thursday: 11am – 5pm
|Shop – Christmas openings See website or contact us for details|
Admission prices 2019
|House, Garden & Grounds||£10.50||£5.50||£9.50|
|Garden, Grounds and Mulberry Tea Lawn||£7.50||£4.00||£6.50|
|Groups (pre-booked only, min 10 people)|
|House, Garden & Grounds||£9.50||£5.00|
|Garden & Grounds only||£6.50||£3.50|
|Guided Garden Tours (in addition to Garden & Grounds admission)||£3.50|
|Friends of Loseley Park: £30.00 Individual
(free entry + 1 guest to Garden during Season and special offers)
|Please note that dogs are only allowed in the car park and only on leads.
Picnics may be eaten in either the Picnic Area or by the Lake but not on the lawns in front of the House or in the Walled Garden.
Arranging a Group Visit
To make sure your visit runs smoothly, our Groups Coordinator will help you plan your visit, arrange for you to be met on arrival and be on hand to help throughout your time with us.
To arrange a Group visit simply call 01483 405112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Groups Coordinator will be happy to help you with all the details and answer any questions you may have. To ensure that you enjoy your visit to the maximum, we carefully time House tours and pre-booked refreshments. The Walled Garden, Grounds, Chapel and Shop can then be enjoyed at leisure. Minimum number to qualify for Group rate is 10. See below for further information.
For those with a special interest in gardening and horticulture, we can also arrange tours of the Walled Garden led by one of Loseley’s knowledgeable experts including our Head Gardener, Burney.
Visit Watts Gallery Artists’ Village and Loseley Park in the same day
Benefit from our “2 venues in 1 day” offer of only £18.00 per person, which includes a tour at Watts Gallery Artists’ Village and a guided tour of Loseley House. Please note this offer is not applicable on Mondays (except Bank Holidays) as the Gallery is closed.
- Opening Times: Please discuss available dates and times with our Group Coordinator
- Walled Garden, Tea Room and Gift Shop: May, June and July: Sunday to Thursday: 11.00 am to 5.00 pm (Closed Friday and Saturday)
- Loseley House Guided Tours: The only way to access the House is on a Guided Tour. May, June and July: Sunday to Thursday (closed Fridays and Saturdays) Where possible, all Groups are met by one of our Meeter/Greeters who will welcome and advise you on all aspects of your visit to Loseley Park.
- Bookings: All Groups must be booked in advance and free flow is only available within the Walled Garden.
- Provisional bookings: We are happy to schedule your visit into our calendar on a provisional basis and will send confirmation upon receipt of your booking form.
- Arrival times: Earlier arrival and exclusive House Tours can be arranged.
- Guided House Tours: All House Tours are Guided and of 45 minute duration. For numbers that exceed 25, the group is divided in half and a second Tour is organised. Ground floor only tours available for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Only non-motorized wheelchairs can access the House.
- Walled Garden At your leisure. Guided Tours (approx 1 hour) are available for all or part of your group at an additional fee. Weekday tours, where possible, with Head Gardener.
- Seating: There is an abundance of benches throughout the Walled Garden.
- Group Leader: Free admission is offered to Group Leaders/Organisers.
- Coach Drivers: Free entry to the Walled Garden plus lunch/tea voucher.
- Parking: Free of charge. Visitors will set down in the main car park, close to the House, Gardens, toilets and refreshment facilities. There are special set down areas for disabled visitors.
- Catering We have limited public catering facilities and they can become extremely busy if there are many visitors or if the weather is inclement therefore no free flow catering is available and we strongly recommend all Groups pre-book refreshments (coffee, lunches and teas). This will provide you with a very good value menu in an area specially set aside for your Group. Groups have been very complimentary about this service. Our caterers, Caper & Berry, will contact you two weeks before your visit for menu choices and final numbers. Tea/coffee on arrival, Lunches and Teas are all available to pre-book. Please advise of any allergies or special dietary needs in advance. Full pre-payment to be made direct to our Caterers (Caper & Berry) 7 days prior to the event – see full Terms & Conditions. Please take note of their telephone number which is 01483 457103
- Picnic Areas We have two small, uncovered picnic areas available, one close to the car park and one by the lake. Picnics are not permitted within the Walled Garden.
- Contact Telephone Number For the day of your visit we will provide you with a mobile number for use in the event that your coach is delayed. Loseley, in turn, request a mobile contact number should we be aware of any delays which may affect your journey.
- Directions to Loseley Park: Sat Nav/Route Finders are unreliable regarding access to Loseley Park, we therefore provide directions for your coach driver. Our Sat Nav address can be found on your Booking Form.
- Payment: To be made on the day of your visit in one amount by cash, cheque or credit card. Entrance fees are payable to Loseley Park. Full pre-payment of booked catering to be made direct to our Caterers (Caper & Berry) 7 days prior to the event – see full Terms & Conditions.
- House Guides Our Guides have a wide variety of expertise – if your group has a special interest then please let us know and we will try to ensure your Guide is the most suitable for your interests.
- Wheelchairs We have 2 wheelchairs available for visitors to use.
- Accessibility The Garden, Grounds, Gift Shop, Tea Room, Chapel and Toilets are all fully accessible to wheelchair users. Please note that the Garden pathways are laid to shallow gravel. The ground floor of the House is only accessible to non-motorised wheelchairs.
The above information has been compiled from our experience of the most commonly asked questions by group organizers and of their members. We do hope these notes are informative and useful in planning your visit to Loseley Park where you can be sure of a warm welcome.
Groups Co-ordinator contact information: 01483 405120 or email@example.com
How to Find Us
Loseley Park Guildford Surrey GU3 1HS
By road Loseley Park is situated on the B3000 New Pond Road and the main entrance is in Stakescorner Road, signposted ‘Loseley House’. Please be aware the Sandy Lane route has a sharp hairpin bend not suitable for coaches. If using SATNAV, please enter “Stakescorner Road GU3 1HS“ otherwise you will be directed to the wrong part of Loseley Estate.
By rail Our nearest main station is at Guildford around three miles away and a taxi from there will take you direct to Loseley Park. Alternatively the bus station is a short walk and the bus will take you to the end of the Loseley drive – it’s then a pleasant walk of a little over a mile to Loseley House.
By bus From Guildford Bus Station – numbers 42, 70, 71 and 72
Grid reference SU 97457 47329
Lunches and Teas
Caper & Berry are delighted to welcome you to the Mulberry Tea Lawn where delicious homemade and seasonal treats await you. (Garden entry fees apply)
We will be offering light lunches; to include sandwiches, homemade soup, jacket potatoes, and quiche along with other refreshments. All of our food is made on the premises and we are very proud to use local suppliers for ingredients that travel the minimal distance to reach us.
We are also very pleased to offer homemade cakes made by our team of chefs and scones made here onsite at The Loseley Bakery.
No reservations for lunch or coffee required, do pop to see us and we look forward to welcoming you. We are not taking reservations for Afternoon Tea this season.
In an effort to do our bit and protect the environment we will be using compostable or 100% recyclable plates, cups and cutlery and not a plastic straw in sight!
Opening Times: Sunday to Thursday: May to July 11.00am – 5.00pm. (Closed Friday & Saturday).