NEW POND ROAD CLOSURE
For the period from 23rd April to mid/late July 2018 the road closure at the Godalming end of the B3000 (New Pond Road) means that access to Loseley Park is restricted. Download map HERE which shows the diversion routes.
The easiest access is from the A3 taking the Compton exit both from the north and south. There are several road closure notices across the road but please keep on going as Stakescorner Road, our normal access road from New Pond Road, will be open as normal.
Please call 01483 304440 for further information.
We suggest you need to spend at least four hours at Loseley Park to appreciate it fully, although on summer days we do find people stay considerably longer and you’re always welcome to spend the entire day with us. The House and Gardens will open on Tuesday 1st May 2018 and close on Tuesday 31st July 2018. Visits to Loseley House are by guided tour only and last around 45 minutes. Last tour 1 hour before close. Download our Visitor Leaflet here.
Wheelchairs – We have 2 wheelchairs available for visitor’s use.
Accessibility – The Garden, Grounds, Gift Shop, Tea Room, Chapel and Toilets are all fully accessible to wheelchair users. Please note that the Garden pathways are laid to shallow gravel. The ground floor only of the House is accessible to wheelchair users. Please note: NO HEAVY FRAMED MOTORISED WHEELCHAIRS ARE ALLOWED IN LOSELEY HOUSE.
Opening Times & Prices
Opening Times 2018
The Estate is closed to the public on Fridays and Saturdays. Loseley House and Walled garden are open Sunday to Thursday during the open season (including Bank Hols). No pre-booking necessary except for Groups of 10+. Details below :
|Loseley House ~ 1st MAY to 31st JULY 2018
Monday – Thursday: 12pm – 4pm (last tour 1 hour before close)
Sundays: 1pm – 5pm (last tour 1 hour before close)
No pre-booking necessary
Grounds, Walled Garden, Shop & Mulberry Tea Lawn ~ 1st MAY – 31st JULY 2018
Sunday – Thursday: 11am – 5pm
Shop – Christmas openings See website or contact us for details
Admission prices 2018
|House, Garden & Grounds||£10.50||£5.50||£9.50|
|Garden, Grounds and Mulberry Tea Lawn||£7.50||£4.00||£6.50|
|Groups (pre-booked only, min 10 people)|
|House, Garden & Grounds||£9.50||£5.00|
|Garden & Grounds only||£6.50||£3.50|
|Guided Garden Tours (in addition to Garden & Grounds admission)||£3.50|
|Friends of Loseley Park: £30.00 Individual
(free entry + 1 guest to Garden during Season and special offers)
|Please note that dogs are only allowed in the car park and only on leads.
Picnics may be eaten in either the Picnic Area or by the Lake but not on the lawns in front of the House or in the Walled Garden.
Arranging a Group Visit
To make sure your visit runs smoothly, our Groups Coordinator will help you plan your visit, arrange for you to be met on arrival and be on hand to help throughout your time with us.
To arrange a Group visit simply call 01483 405112 or email email@example.com. Our Groups Coordinator will be happy to help you with all the details and answer any questions you may have. To ensure that you enjoy your visit to the maximum, we carefully time House tours and pre-booked refreshments. The Walled Garden, Grounds, Chapel and Shop can then be enjoyed at leisure. Minimum number to qualify for Group rate is 10. See below for further information.
For those with a special interest in gardening and horticulture, we can also arrange tours of the Walled Garden led by one of Loseley’s knowledgeable experts including our Head Gardener, Burney.
Visit Watts Gallery Artists’ Village and Loseley Park in the same day
Benefit from our “2 venues in 1 day” offer of only £18.00 per person, which includes a tour at Watts Gallery Artists’ Village and a guided tour of Loseley House. Please note this offer is not applicable on Mondays (except Bank Holidays) as the Gallery is closed.
Christmas Group Festivities 2018
Not usually open to the public through the winter, we have two dates available in December (Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th) for Groups to enjoy a guided tour of the ground floor of the house and Christmas lunch in our 17th Century Tithe Barn which will be decorated in traditional festive style. Your Group will have a guided tour of the ground floor of Loseley House with one of our very knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides and lunch provided by our caterers, Caper & Berry. 1 or 2 course menu options available. Fully licensed cash bar and pre-booked wine options. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening Times: Please discuss available dates and times with our Group Coordinator
- Walled Garden, Tea Room and Gift Shop: May, June and July: Sunday to Thursday: 11.00 am to 5.00 pm (Closed Friday and Saturday)
- Loseley House Guided Tours: The only way to access the House is on a Guided Tour. May, June and July: Sunday to Thursday (closed Fridays and Saturdays) Where possible, all Groups are met by one of our Meeter/Greeters who will welcome and advise you on all aspects of your visit to Loseley Park.
- Bookings: All Groups must be booked in advance and free flow is only available within the Walled Garden.
- Provisional bookings: We are happy to schedule your visit into our calendar on a provisional basis and will send confirmation upon receipt of your booking form.
- Arrival times: Earlier arrival and exclusive House Tours can be arranged.
- Guided House Tours: All House Tours are Guided and of 45 minute duration. For numbers that exceed 25, the group is divided in half and a second Tour is organised. Ground floor only tours available for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Only non-motorized wheelchairs can access the House.
- Walled Garden At your leisure. Guided Tours (approx 1 hour) are available for all or part of your group at an additional fee. Weekday tours, where possible, with Head Gardener.
- Seating: There is an abundance of benches throughout the Walled Garden.
- Group Leader: Free admission is offered to Group Leaders/Organisers.
- Coach Drivers: Free entry to the Walled Garden plus lunch/tea voucher.
- Parking: Free of charge. Visitors will set down in the main car park, close to the House, Gardens, toilets and refreshment facilities. There are special set down areas for disabled visitors.
- Catering We have limited public catering facilities and they can become extremely busy if there are many visitors or if the weather is inclement therefore no free flow catering is available and we strongly recommend all Groups pre-book refreshments (coffee, lunches and teas). This will provide you with a very good value menu in an area specially set aside for your Group. Groups have been very complimentary about this service. Our caterers, Caper & Berry, will contact you two weeks before your visit for menu choices and final numbers. Tea/coffee on arrival, Lunches and Teas are all available to pre-book. Please advise of any allergies or special dietary needs in advance. Full pre-payment to be made direct to our Caterers (Caper & Berry) 7 days prior to the event – see full Terms & Conditions. Please take note of their telephone number which is 01483 457103
- Picnic Areas We have two small, uncovered picnic areas available, one close to the car park and one by the lake. Picnics are not permitted within the Walled Garden.
- Contact Telephone Number For the day of your visit we will provide you with a mobile number for use in the event that your coach is delayed. Loseley, in turn, request a mobile contact number should we be aware of any delays which may affect your journey.
- Directions to Loseley Park: Sat Nav/Route Finders are unreliable regarding access to Loseley Park, we therefore provide directions for your coach driver. Our Sat Nav address can be found on your Booking Form.
- Payment: To be made on the day of your visit in one amount by cash, cheque or credit card. Entrance fees are payable to Loseley Park. Full pre-payment of booked catering to be made direct to our Caterers (Caper & Berry) 7 days prior to the event – see full Terms & Conditions.
- House Guides Our Guides have a wide variety of expertise – if your group has a special interest then please let us know and we will try to ensure your Guide is the most suitable for your interests.
- Wheelchairs We have 2 wheelchairs available for visitors to use.
- Accessibility The Garden, Grounds, Gift Shop, Tea Room, Chapel and Toilets are all fully accessible to wheelchair users. Please note that the Garden pathways are laid to shallow gravel. The ground floor of the House is only accessible to non-motorised wheelchairs.
The above information has been compiled from our experience of the most commonly asked questions by group organizers and of their members. We do hope these notes are informative and useful in planning your visit to Loseley Park where you can be sure of a warm welcome.
Groups Co-ordinator contact information: 01483 405112 or email@example.com
“This was the easiest outing I have organised because of the attitude and proficiency of the people I contacted. An excellent visit!”More Park DFAS
“We had the most lovely day – the guided tour of the house was so interesting, we loved the beautiful garden and the food was excellent!”WEA History of Art Group
“Everything went like clockwork and all our members had a wonderful time. The house, guides and gardens are amazing!”Grange Park Horticultural Society
How to Find Us
NEW POND ROAD CLOSURE
For the period from 23rd April to mid/late July 2018 the road closure at the Godalming end of the B3000 (New Pond Road) means that access to Loseley Park is restricted. Download map HERE which shows the diversion routes. Stakescorner Road, our normal access road from New Pond Road, will be open as normal. Please call 01483 304440 for further information.
Loseley Park is South of Guildford and 30 miles South West of London.
Loseley Park Guildford Surrey GU3 1HS
By road Loseley Park is situated on the B3000 New Pond Road and the main entrance is in Stakescorner Road, signposted ‘Loseley House’. Please be aware the Sandy Lane route has a sharp hairpin bend not suitable for coaches. If using SATNAV, please enter “Stakescorner Road GU3 1HS“ otherwise you will be directed to the wrong part of Loseley Estate.
By rail Our nearest main station is at Guildford around three miles away and a taxi from there will take you direct to Loseley Park. Alternatively the bus station is a short walk and the bus will take you to the end of the Loseley drive – it’s then a pleasant walk of a little over a mile to Loseley House.
By bus From Guildford Bus Station – numbers 42, 70, 71 and 72
Grid reference SU 97457 47329
Loseley Park is set in acres of rolling parkland just south of Guildford in Surrey and very close to the towns of Godalming and Farncombe. Access is from the B3000 and Stakescorner Road which is long with a gentle gradient (not suitable for walking as it is narrow with no footpaths). The entrance and driveway on to the estate is flat and laid with gravel with a few prominent speed humps. The House and Gardens are situated on a flat area of parkland roughly in the centre of the estate. The nearest mainline railway stations are at Godalming (3 miles approx) and Guildford (3.5 miles approx). Loseley Park is a member of the Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Scheme.
The Gardens are fully accessible to wheelchair users as the paths are flat and laid with shallow gravel. The ground floor only of the House is accessible to non-motorized wheelchair users. There is no lift to the first floor. The Tithe Barn and Chestnut Lodge are accessible to wheelchair users. There is an Accessible Parking area close to the House and Gardens and Accessible Toilets at the Wisteria Tea Room and in the Tithe Barn and Chestnut Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01483 304440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunches and Teas
Mulberry Tea Lawn
Caper & Berry are delighted to welcome you to the Mulberry Tea Lawn where delicious homemade and seasonal treats await you. (Garden entry fees apply)
We will be offering light lunches; to include sandwiches, homemade soup, jacket potatoes, and quiche along with other refreshments. All of our food is made on the premises and we are very proud to use local suppliers for ingredients that travel the minimal distance to reach us.
We are also very pleased to offer homemade cakes made by our team of chefs and scones made here onsite at The Loseley Bakery.
We serve our own hand blended range of coffee, offering you the best in aromatic flavours along with a lovely selection of speciality teas to choose from. So whether you are popping in for a quick mid-morning break, or coming in with friends to enjoy a leisurely drink, we have a variety of different beverages to suit you and the time of day. The Tea Room is also licensed, and we are pleased to offer a variety of wines, and beers to include wonderful ales from the local Hogs Back brewery, along with a variety of soft drinks.
No reservations for lunch or coffee required, do pop to see us and we look forward to welcoming you. We are not taking reservations for Afternoon Tea this season.
In an effort to do our bit and protect the environment we will be using compostable or 100% recyclable plates, cups and cutlery and not a plastic straw in sight!
Opening Times: Sunday to Thursday: May to July 11.00am – 5.00pm. (Closed Friday & Saturday).